The Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies is holding its seventh Annual Conference for Historical Studies under the title "100 years on from the 1920 Iraq Revolution: Narratives of the Nation State and the Struggle over Memory" at its headquarters in Doha on 11 and 12 April 2020.
The Conference Committee announces the call for papers in accordance with the following procedures:
· Research proposals (around 700 words) in either Arabic or English, accompanied by a CV together with a list of references and sources, should be submitted to the Conference Committee no later than September 30, 2019. Proposals must meet the basic formal and quality standards (research question and main issues and hypotheses; methodology and theoretical frameworks used; and what new treatments, approaches, or results the research adds)
· The research proposal will be subject to internal adjudication, and the researcher will be notified of the result (acceptance, rejection or request for changes) within two weeks of the proposal's submission.
· Completed research papers (6000-9000 words) based on proposals accepted by the Conference Committee should be submitted by January 31, 2020. Papers must adhere to the formal and objective criteria adopted by ACRPS (for details click here) and will undergo peer review. The work must be original and not previously published, in whole or in part.
· A specialist academic committee will conduct peer review and will notify the researcher of its decision (approval, rejection or request for changes) no later than March 1, 2020.
· The Conference Committee's approval of a research proposal does not imply automatic acceptance of the completed research at the Conference.
· All correspondence should be sent to the conference email address: email@example.com.
Please click here to find the background paper for the conference.